Born in Havana, Cuba, Rick Ramos immigrated to the United States at age 9. He is married to Chelsie Ramos. They reside in Bellaire, Texas, with three children.Rick Ramos is a member of Faith Lutheran Church, and is a parent volunteer at The Post Oak School. He has volunteered at the YMCA on Stella Link and coached in the Bellaire Little League system. He is fluent in English and Spanish.
Texas Southern University, Thurgood Marshall School of Law, Houston, Texas. Doctor of Jurisprudence received May 2000, Magna cum laude.
Supreme Court of Texas, License to practice law received November 2000.
Texas Monthly Magazine, Super Lawyers, Texas Rising Stars 2004 and 2005 in the area of Family Law as voted by my peers.
* Houston Bar Association, Member
* HBA Family Law Section, Member
* Burta Rhoads Raborn Inns of Court
* State Bar of Texas, Member
Rick Ramos has tried approximately 20 jury trials to verdict in the area of family law. He has been appointed by all family law courts to represent children and parents as Amicus Attorney or as an Attorney Ad Litem. He has also been appointed to represent indigent persons in child support enforcement cases. Further, he has the honor of representing private clients in divorce cases, handling custody and complex property issues. Rick Ramos has been a guest speaker on family law seminars, and he has served in the capacity of mediator in family law cases.
* Rick L. Ramos & Associates, P.C., Houston, Texas. President and practicing attorney, 4/2006 –Present.
* Law Offices of Diaz & Ramos, P.C., Houston, Texas. Shareholder/Partner and practicing attorney, 2001-4/2006.
* Travers & Travers, L.L.P., Katy, Texas. Associate Attorney for Family Law practice, 2000-2001.
* 308th Family District Court, The Honorable Georgia Dempster, Houston, Texas. Law Clerk, 1999-2000.
* Harris County Attorneys Office, Houston, Texas. Summer Extern, 1999.