2010 Election Thoughts and Predictions
by Andy Adams on November 2, 2010 at 2:33 PM
- The reports of the death of conservatism have been greatly exaggerated.
- I voted for Gov. Rick Perry today without any hesitation. I must admit that I thought my 2006 vote for Perry would be my last. The guy just keeps on going, much to the chagrin of the Texas Monthly crowd. That actually makes me like him more. Whoever convinced Bill White to run this year is probably sharing a drink with KBH’s political consultants.
- If California returns Jerry Brown to the governorship and sends Barbara Boxer back to the U.S. Senate, I invite all right thinking Californians to move to Texas. You can visit the Golden Coast whenever you want. Just live and work here in the Lone Star State. You will feel much better . . . and did I mention what kind of house you could trade up to?
- It has been a joy to see Sarah Palin drive liberals absolutely nuts these past two years even out of office. We will be adding Marco Rubio, Sharron Angle, Carly Fiorina (fingers crossed), and many others to those esteemed ranks. Palin has already done her bit for King and Country. She is entitled to sit back and collect book royalties. But, she won’t. She’s running, you betcha!
- I hear the Democrats starting the whine about gridlock for the next two years. I don’t know about you, but I am looking forward to some gridlock at least where the Obama agenda is concerned.
- It will be fascinating to see how Obama will respond to this rebuke. He has NEVER known rebuke. Will he triangulate ala Bill Clinton? Will he double-down like a true left-winger? I suspect the latter.
- The GOP better DO SOMETHING with this return to power over the next two years. Repealing, cutting, and stopping all count as DOING in my book.
- OK, prediction time: GOP takes 68 seats in the House and 9 seats in the Senate.