Over a Half-Million Dollars in Aid to Local Health Care Facilities
by Will Hurd on March 26, 2020 at 10:32 AM
The Department of Health and Human Services has awarded seven grants to health centers in the 23rd congressional district to continue combating the current pandemic. The funds awarded to the community health facilities totaled $502,036.
Our medical professionals are on the frontlines of the COVID-19 battle, so it is essential we provide our health care centers with the tools to work through this pandemic. These grants will provide medical facilities in the 23rd Congressional district with additional resources to ensure doctors and nurses have what they need to protect themselves and help their patients. While we are in a dark tunnel because of the Coronavirus pandemic, I am confident our communities will make it through this crisis--there is a light at the end of the tunnel if we all work together. There will be more aid coming from Congress.
The following health care facilities were awarded aid:
● Community Health Development Inc. in Uvalde will receive $70,591
● United Medical Centers in Eagle Pass will receive $84,557
● Cactus Health Services Inc. in Sanderson will receive $53,492
● Presidio County Health Services Inc. in Marfa will receive $59,733
● South Texas Rural Health Services Inc. in Cotulla will receive $62,600
● El Centro Del Barrio in San Antonio will receive $171,063