Montgomery & San Jacinto Counties Now Included in Disaster Declaration

Montgomery and San Jacinto Counties have been added to a Presidential Disaster Declaration for what has been called the Tax Day Flood.

Montgomery and San Jacinto county officials, along with local non-profits, have done a terrific job in responding to the needs of our neighbors during the recent flooding. Having these counties added to the federal disaster declaration for Individual Assistance is another important step in providing much needed resources to the families and businesses who were impacted by the storms. I strongly urge residents or business owners who were impacted by the flooding to register with FEMA for help."

Individuals in Montgomery and San Jacinto counties can register with FEMA the following ways:

  • Online at
  • Calling the FEMA registration phone number at 1-800-621-3362 (those who have a speech disability or hearing loss and use TTY, should call 1-800-462-7585 directly; for those who use 711 or Video Relay Service (VRS), call 1-800-621-3362).

Background: Individuals and families in Montgomery and San Jacinto counties can now register for assistance for the April 17-24 severe storms and floods after the Federal Emergency Management Agency granted the state’s request to add Montgomery and San Jacinto counties to the Presidential Disaster Declaration. Texans who suffered damage or losses as a result of April severe storms and flooding are encouraged to apply for assistance. Disaster assistance for homeowners and renters may include grants to help pay for temporary housing and essential home repairs, as well as other serious disaster-related needs, such as medical and dental expenses.

Montgomery and San Jacinto county residents who sustained disaster related damage or losses can register online at or by phone at 800-621-3362 (FEMA) or TTY 800-462-7585. Applicants who use 711 or Video Relay Service may call 800-621-3362. Multilingual operators are available. The toll-free numbers are open from 7 a.m. to 10 p.m., seven days a week. Those who had flood or storm damage should register with FEMA even if they have insurance. FEMA cannot duplicate insurance payments, but underinsured applicants may be eligible for help after their insurance claims have been settled.

In the same notice, Fort Bend and Liberty counties were also added to the declaration.


© 2015 TexasGOPVote  | Terms of Use | Privacy Policy