Featured Voice of the Texas GOP: Jason Villalba
by TexasGOPVote on November 3, 2011 at 12:57 PM
Jason Villalba is a candidate for Texas House. A product of hard work & determination. A fifth-generation Texan, Jason was born in Dallas at Methodist Hospital. As the son of an airline mechanic, from an early age Jason was taught to work hard, study diligently, act with integrity and do what’s right. As a young man, Jason mowed lawns, worked as a checker at Walmart and a stockboy at a local hardware store to help out his folks. The first in his family to graduate from college, Jason worked his way through Baylor University where he studied Economics and Finance, then graduated from the University of Texas School of Law.
A business-minded approach. As a former financial analyst and as a partner at one of Dallas’ most respected law firms, Jason has hands-on experience working with and advising growing businesses and start-ups and dealing with complex financial and corporate transactions. As our State Representative, Jason will put his diverse business and financial experience to work to grow our economy, create high-wage jobs, cut wasteful spending and keep our taxes at current or lower rates.
Dedicated to improving education. As the product of Texas public schools and father of two young girls who will soon attend elementary school in the Dallas ISD, the quality of our public schools is not just a campaign issue to Jason – it’s personal. That’s why as our State Representative, Jason will work tirelessly for meaningful public education reform that broadens charter schools and voucher programs, includes school choice for our parents and requires more accountability from our administrators and teachers. Like you, Jason believes that improving our schools will strengthen our communities, our economy and our future.
Involved in our community. An active member of our community for more than a decade, Jason currently serves on the development committee of the Dallas Zoo and is an active member of the Dallas Children’s Trust. Jason is also an appointee of Dallas City Councilmember Ann Margolin, serving on the city’s Housing Finance Corporation, and Dallas County Commissioner Maurine Dickey, serving on the Citizens Elections Advisory Committee. A proven conservative. Jason is the immediate past Vice-Chair of the Dallas County Republican Party and the current Chairman of the Dallas Chapter of the Republican National Hispanic Assembly. In 2006 and 2010, Jason was named as a delegate to the Republican Party of Texas State Convention. As our State Representative, Jason will strive for conservative, bold, results-driven solutions that keep Texas great and that make life better for all of our families and citizens.
- Fifth Generation Texan
- Born in Dallas, Texas
- Baylor University – B.B.A. Finance/Economics 1992
- University of Texas School of Law – J.D. 1996
- Haynes and Boone, LLP – Partner in the Dallas and Richardson offices specializing in working with small businesses, entrepreneurial start-ups and companies that are engaged in mergers and acquisitions transactions.
- Chairman of the Venture Capital and Private Equity Committee of the Business Law Section of the State Bar of Texas Family
- Married for 10 years to Brooke Villalba, retired school teacher and full time Mom
- Papa to Sophia (age 5) and Elena (age 2)
- (2011 to Present) – Vice Chairman of the Dallas County Republican Party • (2005 to Present) – Chairman of the Dallas County Chapter of the Republican National Hispanic Assembly
- (2008 to Present) – Liaison on Hispanic Issues to U.S. Senator John Cornyn
- (2007 to Present) – Liaison on Hispanic Issues to U.S. Senator Kay Bailey Hutchison
- (2010) – North Texas Finance Co-Chair for the Rick Perry for Governor Campaign
- (2010) – Statewide Co-Chair for Hispanic Outreach on the Kay Bailey Hutchison for Governor Campaign
- (2008) – National Hispanic Steering Committee for the 2008 Romney For President Campaign
- (2006 and 2010) - Two time State Delegate to the Republican Party of Texas State Convention (was elected but did not attend the State Convention in 2008)
- (1992) Aide to the Texas Delegation at the Republican National Convention in Houston
- Member of the Dallas County Citizens Elections Advisory Committee – Appointee of Dallas County Commissioner Maurine Dickey
- Member of the City of Dallas Housing Finance Corporation – Appointee of Dallas City Councilwoman Ann Margolin
- Member of the Development Committee of the Dallas Zoo – Appointee of Dallas Zoo Chairman Michael Meadows
- Member of the Dallas Children’s Trust – A charitable organization for Dallas Children’s Hospital
- Board Member of the DFW International Community Alliance
- Member of the Highland Park United Methodist Church
- Frequent commentator on local television and radio
- Published op-ed article contributor to both the Dallas Morning News and the Ft. Worth Star Telegram
"God has richly blessed the Great State of Texas. As a fifth generation Texan and candidate for the Texas House of Representatives, I am dedicated to shrinking the size of government, supporting economic policies that foster a robust economic climate, reforming our public education system to introduce accountability and greater efficiencies and keeping our borders secure and our streets safe." - Jason Villalba