Girl Goes to Hospital After Given Swine Flu Vaccine Without Parents' Permission
by TexasGOPVote on November 2, 2009 at 1:55 PM
Nikiyah, a young girl from Brooklyn, was given the swine flu vaccine Thursday without permission from her parents. Nikiyah has epilepsy and had not yet been cleared by her doctor to take the vaccine. As it turns out, the swine flu vaccine reacted with her epilepsy medicine causing Nikayah to fall ill and have to go to the hospital.
Fortunately Nikiyah is now okay, but this incident should have never happened. The day before this incident, a student from Staten Island also received the vaccine without parental permission, prompting Health Department spokeswoman Jessica Scaperotti to say,
We will develop additional safeguards to prevent similar instances in the future.
However, could this swine-flu vaccination frenzy be in part attributed to Obama's national emergency declaration over the swine flu pandemic? And was this declaration of a national emergency necessary, especially since the declaration was made after the swine flu had peaked out?
Declaring a national emergency immediately gives federal authorities dangerous new powers that can now be enforced at gunpoint, including:
- The power to force mandatory swine flu vaccinations on the entire population.
- The power to arrest, quarantine or "involuntarily transport" anyone who refuses a swine flu vaccination.
- The power to quarantine an entire city and halt all travel in or out of that city.
- The power to enter any home or office without a search warrant and order the destruction of any belongings or structures deemed to be a threat to public health.
- The effective nullification of the Bill of Rights. Your right to due process, to being safe from government search and seizure, and to remain silent to avoid self-incrimination are all null and void under a Presidential declaration of a national emergency.
Is this just another assault of our rights as U.S. citizens by the federal government? Could there be some hidden agenda within all this swine flu frenzy?