Congressman Pat Fallon Applauds Final Passage of FY23 NDAA
This week, the House of Representatives passed the National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2023. Congressman Pat Fallon (TX-04) and his colleagues on the House Armed Services Committee have worked tirelessly on this legislation. Congressman Fallon had 20 initiatives added in the final bill. Those provisions include:
- HMMWV ABS/ESC Authorization - $193 million. An increase of $183 million over the President’s request. This will fuel jobs at Red River Army Depot and save countless lives.
- Rescinding COVID-19 vaccine mandates and ending separations for failure to comply.
- Fully funding National Guard Operations and Maintenance account to support border deployments.
- Prohibiting the closure of the detention facility at Guantanamo Bay, Cuba and the transfer of terrorists to the United States.
- Accelerating the transition to 5G information and communications technology within the military departments.
- Modifying the annual report on the military capabilities of Iran and related activities.
Congressman Fallon issued the following statement on the final passage of the FY23 NDAA:
“This year’s National Defense Authorization Act provides our armed services with the necessary resources to defend our interests around the world. Within the bill were 20 provisions I fought for that will strengthen our national security and support the state of Texas. I am proud to have worked with colleagues to successfully pass our nation’s defense bill for the 62nd consecutive year. As long as I am in Congress, I will continue support policies that ensure a strong national defense.”