Efficiently Funding the Government
Friday morning the house passed legislation to fund the government through September 30, 2016. While I recognize that this bill is in no way perfect, it provides responsible funding for conservative principles, increases transparency, and accountability at federal agencies and puts a stop to executive overreach that continues to hamper our economic growth. Here are a few examples of conservative principles that were included in this bill:
Strengthening our National Security and Securing our Borders
- Provides $73.7 billion to provide necessary resources and training for our troops to combat the ever-increasing threat of radical Islamic terrorists.
- Prohibits funding for transfers of Guantanamo detainees to the U.S.
- Strengthens the Visa Waiver Program.
- Provides $11 billion for Customs and Border Protection, the highest level of funding ever to secure our borders.
Dismantles key provisions in ObamaCare
- Contains NO new funding for ObamaCare.
- Delays the Cadillac tax and medical device tax for two years.
- Stops taxpayer bailout of “Risk Corridor” program.
- Cuts IPAB funding by $15 million.
Spurs Job Creation and Economic Growth
- Lifts the 40-year-old crude oil export ban, which will create an estimated 1 million American jobs in nearly all 50 states and add $170 billion annually to our GDP.
Reining in Onerous Regulatory Burdens
- Cuts funding for the EPA by $452 million.
- Rejects $138 million EPA regulatory programs proposed by the President.