James Dickey: My Pledge to the Republican Party of Texas
The following is newly-elected Republican Party of Texas Chairman James Dickey's statement following this weekend's election:
This weekend, following the resignation of RPT Chair Tom Mechler on May 20, I was honored to be elected by the State Republican Executive Committee to serve as Chair to fill his unexpired term. I am deeply humbled and I look forward to visiting all corners of our great state to help elect more Republicans up and down the ballot!
Please join me in giving sincere thanks to Tom Mechler for his service to our state Party both as Chair and as Treasurer under former Chair Steve Munisteri. We wish Tom and his family the very best and eagerly welcome their future participation in Party efforts.
I want to thank Rick Figueroa who also ran for this position. Thank you, Rick, for the spirited campaign and I do hope you remain engaged with our Texas GOP.
Now is the time to unite our Party like never before around the conservative principles we hold dear. The Democrats are determined to tear down President Trump and every Republican in Texas. We cannot miss a step or concede any neighborhood.
The vision on which I campaigned -- and my pledge to you -- is that I will work with the staff, officials and grassroots of the Republican Party of Texas to do the following:
- Advance our grassroots Platform in the Texas Legislature.
- Present clearly our core beliefs and win elections with candidates that champion our Party principles.
- Empower and grow the Party with strong outreach to all Texas communities.
- Partner with all 254 county chairs & 62 SREC to maximize our local ground game across the state and leave no county behind.
- Build relationships with new donors while maintaining those with our current supporters.
- Appoint the best leaders from all wings of the Republican Party to positions of responsibility so that we can better work together.
- Maintain a high standard of transparency, accountability, and collaboration with all Party members.
- Manage efficient and focused Party operations.
Thank you to Governor Greg Abbott, statewide officials and members of our Republican Congressional delegation and our Texas Legislature who have contacted me, not only with their congratulations, but, more importantly their concrete assistance in helping the Party raise the funds needed to ensure a successful outcome for the 2018 primary.
None of this is going to work without you and I ask for your support to unite our Republican Party, as we move rapidly toward the 2018 midterm elections.
Together, we can KEEP TEXAS RED, build an even better Republican Party, and preserve the shared Republican principles in the great state we all love.