Rep. Van Duyne Appointed to the Healthy Future Task Force
I was selected by Leader McCarthy for the Healthy Future Task Force, led by Energy and Commerce Health Subcommittee Republican Leader Brett Guthrie (KY-02) and Ways and Means Health Subcommittee Republican Leader Devin Nunes (CA-22). The Task Force will build on Republican health policy successes and craft a patient-focused agenda for the future.
While Democrats insist on a one-size-fits all government takeover like Medicare for All, Republicans zero-in on a more flexible agenda focused on:
- Breaking down barriers to help all Americans live healthier and longer
- Increasing care choices
- Expanding the range of available providers
- Encouraging investment in new cures and therapies
- Lowering the cost of health services
- Providing a strong safety net for the most vulnerable Americans
- Protecting access to care for all Americans
- Ensuring patients remain in control of their health care
It is an honor to be selected to work together with this group of Representatives. Democrats are intent on a complete government takeover of health care, which will cripple competition, decrease choices, lead to fewer cures, and put up more barriers for everyday Americans. With this new task force, Republicans will offer a more flexible and innovative health care agenda for the American people.
Also appointed to the Task Force are Reps. Tom Cole (OK-04), Larry Bucshon (IN-08), Morgan Griffith (VA-09), Mike Kelly (PA-16), Richard Hudson (NC-08), Brad Wenstrup (OH-02), Rick Allen (GA-12), Bruce Westerman (AR-04), Jim Banks (IN-03), Kevin Hern (OK-01), John Joyce (PA-13), Greg Murphy (NC-03), Mariannette Miller-Meeks (IA-02), Victoria Spartz (IN-05).