The Runaway Crime Enablers
by Gary Polland on February 8, 2022 at 5:15 PM
Lina Hidalgo, Adrian Garcia and Rodney Ellis.
Look at their record since 2019:
- Wrong on not providing the county jail resources it needs to protect guards and inmates.
- Wrong to have sought cutbacks on Constable neighborhood patrols.
- Wrong on failing to properly fund the DA's office - in fact, the money instead was given to the Public Defender's Office that originally had not asked for it.
- Wrong to do a sweetheart deal with the bail bond suit that was probably illegal and has raised the crime rate.
- Wrong to never factor in public safety.
- Hidalgo was wrong when she said in 2019 - no new jail cells on her watch - she was wrong when she wanted the jail emptied so there would not be massive Covid deaths.
- Finally this week in an interview on Channel 2 - Hidalgo said - it was the first she heard about jail expansion. This proves she is the problem and not part of any solution.
Fortunately, Hidalgo and Garcia are on the ballot in March - hopefully they lose their primaries or get beat in November.