Life is Precious
Washington, D.C.–Congressman Pete Sessions (TX-17) celebrates life along with the hundreds of thousands of Americans participating in the 50th annual March for Life in Washington D.C., across the State of Texas, and across the country. Congressman Sessions has been an unequivocal defender of life throughout his service in Congress, and recently received an A rating from Susan B. Anthony Pro-Life America for his strong pro-life record.
Congressman Pete Sessions said, “Today, Americans across our great nation gather to celebrate life. The March for Life is an annual reminder for us to recognize the high value of every human. We must love both mother and unborn baby and see their God-given dignity.”
Congressman Sessions has already cosponsored and supported the following pro-life measures in the 118th Congress:
Legislation with a * have been introduced but do to yet have a bill number.
- H.R. 26– Born-Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act: Congressman Sessions joined Congresswoman Ann Wagner and 149 of his colleagues in introducing H.R. 26. This bill would require healthcare providers to perform lifesaving care for any infant that survives an abortion or attempted abortion. H.R. 23 passed the House on January 11, 2023.
- H.R. 7– No Taxpayer Funding for Abortion and Abortion Insurance Full Disclosure Act of 2023: This legislation would prohibit the use of federal funds for abortions or for health coverage that includes abortion procedures. H.R. 7 is similar to the annual pro-life Hyde Amendment in appropriations bills.
- H.R. 371– Defund Planned Parenthood Act of 2023: H.R. 371 bars Planned Parenthood (PP) from accessing any federal mandatory or discretionary funds. The legislation also authorizes $235M to be reallocated to the thousands of comprehensive community health centers which do not perform abortions.
- H.R. 372– Protecting Life and Taxpayers Act of 2023: This bill would require all federally funded entities to certify that they will not perform, and will not provide funds to any other entity that performs an abortion, except in cases of rape or incest or where a physical condition endangers the woman's life unless an abortion is performed.
- H.R. 384– Protecting Life from Chemical Abortions Act: This bill would prevent the Executive Branch from declaring an abortion related public health emergency. The bill would also reinstate in-person dispensing requirements for dangerous chemical abortion drugs, and prohibit the FDA from waiving in-person dispensing requirements.
- *Life at Conception Act: This legislation defines life as beginning at the moment of conception and seeks to entitle the unborn to legal protection under the Equal Protection Clause of the 14th Amendment.
- *A Resolution supporting the Supreme Court's decision on Dobbs v. Jackson Women's Health Organization: This resolution expresses support for the Supreme Court’s decision in Dobbs v. Jackson Women’s Health Organization and thanks the Justices for their commitment to the Constitution and the strength of their institution. Congressman Sessions also joined his colleagues in signing onto an amicus brief urging the Supreme Court to uphold Mississippi’s law protecting life.