The Worst Bill Ever!
by Norman Adams on November 5, 2009 at 2:53 PM
Republican Congressman Jeff Flake (AZ-6) has been a champion for sensible immigration reform, and now he is asking for your support against the new healthcare bill H.R. 3962. After reading Congressman Flake's message, please dial 202-224-3121 (the Congressional Switchboard) and ask to be connected to your representative. I just called Sheila Jackson Lee’s office and left my plea for her to oppose the bill.
Following is the e-mail sent to me by Congressman Flake:
Last week House Democrats unveiled their version of healthcare reform. It's no better than prior versions. The Democrats are expected to bring the bill to the floor this week and, with an overwhelming Democratic majority in the House, those of us who oppose this bill have our work cut out for us.
The bill, H.R. 3962, is nearly 2,000 pages long, so I'll provide you with just a few reasons why you should get on the phone to as many Members of Congress as possible and ask them to vote against this bill:
- H.R. 3962 contains a government-run option which will crowd out private plans over time.
- H.R. 3962 does not clearly prohibit funding for abortions.
- H.R. 3962 does not require Members of Congress to join the government-run health plan.
- H.R. 3962 does not adequately address medical liability reform, which could help control healthcare costs. In fact, those states that have laws on the books that limit medical malpractice punitive claims will essentially be forced to change their laws or risk losing federal funding.
- H.R. 3962 places a tax on businesses where they will have to surrender 8% of their payroll if they do not offer insurance to their employees or pay at least 72.5% of their employees’ premiums.
How do we expect the economy to rebound with these policies?
Yesterday, the Wall Street Journal editorialized that this may be “The Worst Bill Ever.” I encourage you to click here to read their piece.
Also, please call the Congressional Switchboard at 202-224-3121 to urge Members of Congress to oppose the bill.
We Republicans in Congress need your help. Please call and get your family, friends, business associates, and neighbors to call as well. Thank you.