Which Democratic Candidates Will Be Hiding With Bill White During Obama's Texas Visit?
President Obama's visit to Texas today has Bill White running for cover. White, the Democratic nominee for governor, is so afraid to be seen in public with the train wreck that is President Obama that he has made it a point to avoid all of Obama's Monday events. Who can blame the poor guy - being seen with the liberal president will be the kiss of death for White in Texas - not to mention the fact that the president's approval rating is currently hovering around 28%.
When a Democratic candidate refuses to be seen with their president, you know something's wrong! What does this say about the Texas Democratic Party - which is controlled from Washington as opposed to the Republican Party of Texas' grassroots leadership - has the The Democratic Party lost control of their minions?!!? Nah, the minions will still take the money and do Washington's bidding - they just don't want to be seen doing it.
Bill White's absence from his majesty's appearances begs the question "what other democrats will go into hiding on today?" Let's keep an eye out for the following Texas Democratic congressional candidates today to see which ones might actually have guts and show up with the leader of their party and which ones will be hiding with Bill White.
- John Lingenfelder - District 3
- VaLinda Hathcox - District 4
- Tom Berry - District 5
- David Cozad - District 6
- Kent Hargett - District 8
- Al Green (i) - District 9
- Ted Ankrum - District 10
- James Quillian - District 11
- Tracey Smith - District 12
- Robert Pruett - District 14
- Ruben Hinojosa (i) - District 15
- Silvestre Reyes (i) - District 16
- Chet Edwards (i) - District 17
- Sheila Jackson Lee (i) - District 18
- Andy Wilson - District 19
- Charles Gonzales (i) - District 20
- Lainey Melnick - District 21
- Ciro Rodriguez (i) - District 23
- Lloyd Doggett (i) - District 25
- Neil Durrance - District 26
- Solomon Ortiz (i) - District 27
- Henry Cuellar (i) - District 28
- Gene Green (i) - District 29
- Eddie Bernice Johnson (i) - District 30
- Grier Raggio - District 32
(i) = incumbent