Pfluger Announces The 2023 Congressional Art Competition
The office of Congressman August Pfluger (TX-11) is now accepting submissions for the 2023 Congressional Art Competition. The competition is open to all high school students in the 11th Congressional District of Texas and is an opportunity for local artists to be recognized for their talents among artists from around the Nation.
The deadline is Monday, May 1st, 2023. Students can register and upload images of their artwork on Congressman Pfluger’s website at: tinyurl.com/TX11Art.
- The winning student’s artwork will be displayed in the Cannon Tunnel of the U.S. Capitol for one year.
- The art will be unveiled in a Congressional Reception in Washington, DC in late June (date TBD). Winners and one guest are invited to the unveiling.
- Additional prizes may be announced.
Artwork must be two-dimensional and original in concept, design, and execution. Art must follow the themes of Texas Energy, Texas Agriculture, or American Patriotism.
Dimensions of the artwork can be no larger than 26 inches high, 26 inches wide, and 4 inches deep. Accepted mediums for the two-dimensional artwork are as follows:
- Paintings: oil, acrylics, watercolor, etc.
- Drawings: colored pencil, pencil, ink, marker, pastels, charcoal (It is recommended that charcoal and pastel drawings be fixed.)
- Collages: must be two dimensional
- Prints: lithographs, silkscreen, block prints
- Mixed Media: use of more than two mediums such as pencil, ink, watercolor, etc.
- Computer-generated art
Students are highly encouraged to review the competition’s complete rules and regulations on Congressman Pfluger’s website. For more information, please visit tinyurl.com/TX11Art, or contact Cayssia David in the Killeen Office at [email protected].