Texas Needs You on July 8, 2013 at the TX State Capitol
We need YOU to turn Monday, July 8, 2013 into a sea of BLUE. Wipe out the orange! On July 1, there were about 3,000 orange protesters to an approximate 400 blue. Hope to run into you on Monday at the state capitol. Together let’s #STAND4LIFE!
PRAY, FIGHT, NEVER GIVE UP!
SB1 HEARING 10AM
Senate Health & Human Services Committee - E1.036 (Finance Room)
Registration begins at 9am
Time allotted to each witness will be limited to 2 minutes in order to maximize the committee's ability to hear from as many individuals wishing to testify as possible. Written testimony may be turned in to the clerk to be distributed to members. If submitting written testimony, please provide 20 copies with your name on each. Be prepared to stay late. Registration will be on paper and not on electronic kiosks.
A BILL TO BE ENTITLED AN ACT relating to the regulation of abortion procedures, providers, and facilities; providing penalties.
BE IT ENACTED BY THE LEGISLATURE OF THE STATE OF TEXAS:
SECTION 1. (a) The findings indicate that:
(1) substantial medical evidence recognizes that an unborn child is capable of experiencing pain by not later than 20 weeks after fertilization;
(2) the state has a compelling state interest in protecting the lives of unborn children from the stage at which substantial medical evidence indicates that these children are capable of feeling pain;
(3) the compelling state interest in protecting the lives of unborn children from the stage at which substantial medical evidence indicates that an unborn child is capable of feeling pain is intended to be separate from and independent of the compelling state interest in protecting the lives of unborn children from the stage of viability, and neither state interest is intended to replace the other; and
(4) restricting elective abortions at or later than 20 weeks post-fertilization, as provided by this Act, does not impose an undue burden or a substantial obstacle on a woman's ability to have an abortion because:
(A) the woman has adequate time to decide whether to have an abortion in the first 20 weeks after fertilization; and (B) this Act does not apply to abortions that are necessary to avert the death or substantial and irreversible physical impairment of a major bodily function of the pregnant woman or abortions that are performed on unborn children with severe fetal abnormalities.
7:00pm - Pro-Life Rally - South Steps of the State Capitol
Speakers: Gov. Mike Huckabee, The Duggars family, First Baptist Dallas Pastor Robert Jeffress, CWA President Penny Nance, March for Life President Jeanne Monahan, and our leading pro-life state elected officials and leaders, Governor Rick Perry and Lt Governor David Dewhurst
Concerned Women for America
Texans Coalition for Life
Texas Right to Life
Texas Eagle Forum
The Heidi Group
Bring water and snacks and comfortable walking shoes
PARKING – Within walking distance
· Capitol Visitor Parking Lot* – 1201 San Jacinto Blvd, east of the Capitol. See http://www.tspb.state.tx.us/SPB/Plan/Parking.htm
· Meter parking* – meters are limited around the Capitol and you must move your car after 3 hours.
· Double Tree Suites* – 303 W. 15th Street, west of the Capitol.
· Bob Bullock Museum* – 1800 N. Congress, north of the Capitol.
· Wells Fargo Garage, 400 W 15th St., west of the Capitol.
Inside the Capitol July 1, 2013
LISTEN AND WATCH ON LINE
Watch what is happening on the Senate and House floors