Brady Stands With President Trump to Build Wall, End Visa Loopholes and Protect Children
I released the following statement after voting yes on H.R. 6136 – Border Security and Immigration Reform Act:
I voted to stand with President Trump in his call to fully fund the border wall, end the visa lottery program and fairly resolve the DACA situation. Democrats had the opportunity today to put their money where their mouth is and vote to fix our broken immigration system, while keeping families together at the border. As predicted, Democrats showed their true colors and abandoned the Dreamers they claim to support, proving their rhetoric is nothing but a political ploy.
H.R. 6136 – Border Security and Immigration Reform Act, sponsored by House Judiciary Committee Chairman Bob Goodlatte (R-VA):
- Provides nearly $25 billion in funding to build a wall on the southern border
- Contains provisions prohibiting the separation of children from confirmed parents or guardians when entering the U.S.
- Ends the visa lottery
- Limits chain migration
- Ends the catch and release program
- Creates a 6-year renewable legal status program for DACA recipients
- Creates a merit-based visa program that prioritizes education, employment, military service, and English proficiency