Leader McCarthy Appoints Ranking Member Granger to House Advisory Team on Cuba
Yesterday, House Republican Leader Kevin McCarthy announced my appointment to the House Republican Advisory Team on Cuba.
The group will advise House Republicans on the ongoing freedom protests and government atrocities in Cuba, develop policies to ensure the United States stands in solidarity with the Cuban freedom movement, and educate the American people on the tyranny of the communist regime in Havana.
The United States has long stood for freedom around the world, and it is especially important that we do so now for our neighbors in Cuba. After decades of oppression by a tyrannical Communist regime, Cubans are rising up to demand their rights and hold their authoritarian leaders accountable. As Ranking Member of the Appropriations Committee, I look forward to working with my colleagues on the Cuba Advisory Team and in the House Republican Conference to support the Cuban people and provide strong funding for programs that promote democracy and the free flow of information in Cuba.
The following individuals will also serve on the team:
- Rep. Mario Diaz-Balart (FL-25)
- Rep. Carlos Gimenez (FL-26)
- Rep. Maria Salazar (FL-27)
- Rep. Nicole Malliotakis (NY-11)
- Rep. Alex Mooney (WV-02)
- Rep. Anthony Gonzalez (OH-16)
- Resident Commissioner Jenniffer Gonzalez-Colon (PR-AL)
- House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence Ranking Member Devin Nunes (CA-22)
- House Foreign Affairs Committee Ranking Member Mike McCaul (TX-10)
- House Energy and Commerce Committee Ranking Member Cathy Rodgers (WA-05)
- Rep. Mark Green (TN-07)
- Rep. Hal Rogers (KY-05)
- Rep. Ken Calvert (CA-42)
- Rep. Victoria Spartz (IN-05)
- Rep. Chris Smith (NJ-04)